Job Title: Assistant Controller
Job Location: Homewood, IL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Benefits: Benefits are available.
Job Description: Manage accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.
- Assure accurate and timely completion of all tax returns.
- Maintain and improve systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Understand and properly report all hedging activity which is conducted with the London Metal Exchange and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Five or more years of accounting experience with an emphasis on inventory cost accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel
- Solid communication skills – both oral and written
- Comfortable working in a quick moving, energetic office setting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Apply today or call 630-836-2200 for more information.