Job Location: Aurora, IL but will travel to based off the job site/locations for the solar installers
Salary: $87,000-97,800 – based on solar experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance,
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Leave, & more!
Job Description: Our Construction Manager is responsible for leading the execution of installations and managing a team of technicians across multiple projects in the field. This position will be the on-site point of contact throughout the duration of the install, will interact with client personnel as necessary, and be required to represent the company in a professional manner. The person in this position will play a lead role in the installation of multiple projects at once; therefore, the ability to multitask is imperative to ensuring project progression and timely completion.
- Must take ownership of field installation, from on-site planning to execution and cleanup.
- Coordinate daily field tasks to reach project completion within budget and on schedule.
- Review project plans in detail to schedule product deliveries and labor.
- Perform on-the-job training to less experienced foremen and installers.
- Knowledge base of installing new/retrofit solar and related tasks.
- Coordinate and direct installers and subcontractors to complete the solar installation process as required by the project’s scope of work.
- Oversee work progress on a daily basis and make any necessary labor changes to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Monitor compliance with all building and safety regulations.
- Manage and document project progress per company procedures.
- Document safety incidents according to company policy.
- Communicate as required with the project manager and operations support to provide project status updates.
- Conduct regular “Shop Talks” with the construction team, during which equipment use/safety, as well as other relevant topics will be discussed and reviewed.
- Open to learning and adopting new methods and/or techniques.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interact with client staff as necessary.
- Utilize a customer-centered approach in job tasks.
- Respond to emails and work-related phone calls.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Midwest, and potentially further overnight travel to be expected 25-50% of the time.
- Arrange travel lodging for install team as necessary.
- Hire/terminate employees under your authority and supervision as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct regular performance reviews of employees under your authority and supervision.
- Implement and conduct disciplinary action for employees under your authority and supervision.
- Ability to not only lead, but to also collaborate in a team setting to meet project objectives.
- Self-motivated and know what it means to be accountable.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner, always do the right thing, and show that you care.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a construction team.
- Minimum OSHA-10 Certification required.
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification required.
- Extensive knowledge of the solar installation process and the ability to train new installers and foremen accurately and efficiently on the said process.
- Must be a problem-solver, resourceful, and have the ability to adapt quickly to unexpected obstacles.
- Must know how to use a multi-meter, install varying sizes of conduit, and possess basic electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understand how to read solar layouts, electrical drawings, and basic wiring schematics.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
- Ability to lift, and carry, at least 50lbs.
- A can-do attitude, overall positive outlook, and a strong desire to grow professionally.
- Experience in operating lift equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and/or boom lifts.
- A set of well-maintained tools and a fall protection harness.
Apply today or call, 630-836-2200 for more information.