Job Location: Naperville, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Day Shift – Must have open availability.
- Health Insurance
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality service to the hotel guests.
- Works in the designated station as set by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare and sells food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Able to produce quality products in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by the recipe and to specification.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
- Slices, grind and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also able to weigh, measure and mix ingredients in correct proportions.
- Have general knowledge of cooking temperatures, making soups & sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
- Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Replenishes service lines as needed and restocks and prepares the workstation for the next shift.
- Ensures that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Serve food in proper portions on to correct serving vessels and plates.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, workstations, tables, tools, knives and other equipment.
- Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the hotel’s standards.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.
- Assists in providing on the job training & development of new cooks.
- Assists other Team Members in the kitchen when needed or perform any other tasks assigned by the hotel management.
- Cooks must maintain and keep their work area clean, prep ingredients, and keep the restaurant stocked with necessary cooking supplies. They may also help make decisions on menus and day to day offerings.
- Must be able to accept complaints and suggestions in a graceful manner. Ensure that the complaints/suggestions are addressed according to protocol.
- One to five years of previous experience working in a high volume kitchen or full-service hotel.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Apply today or call 630-836-2200 for more information.