Job Location: Aurora, IL but will travel to based off the job sites/locations for the solar installers
- Journeyman – base pay $52,000 – negotiable but will be based on solar experience
- Licensed – base pay $67,500 – negotiable but will be based on solar experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance,
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Leave, & more!
Job Description: Our Electricians are the on-site point of contact for all electrical matters throughout the duration of the install. At the time, they will interact with client personnel and be required to represent the company in a professional manner. At a minimum, they should possess an Illinois Electrical License and have at least 3 years of experience in the electrical field. They should also be comfortable working on a roof and in various weather conditions. An electrician may have 1-2 apprentices working underneath them from time-to-time, so well-developed leadership skills are a necessity.
- Must take ownership of field managing installation, from on-site planning to execution and cleanup.
- Coordinate daily field tasks to reach project completion within budget and on schedule.
- Perform, lead, and direct the execution of commercial and industrial electrical-related tasks.
- Perform on-the-job training to less experienced technicians and installers.
- A knowledge base of installing new/retrofit solar and related electrical tasks.
- Supervise and conduct the solar installation process as required by the project’s scope of work.
- Manage and document project progress per company procedures.
- Document safety incidents according to company policy.
- Communicate as required with the project manager and operations
support to provide project status updates.
- Open to learning and adopting new methods and/or techniques.
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interact with client staff as necessary.
- Utilize a customer-centered approach in job tasks.
- Respond to emails and work-related phone calls.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Midwest, and potentially further overnight travel to be expected 25-50% of the time.
- Arrange travel lodging for install team as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct regular performance reviews of employees under your authority and supervision.
- Implement and conduct disciplinary action for employees under your authority and supervision.
- Ability to not only lead but to also collaborate in a team setting to meet project objectives.
- Self-motivated and know what it means to be accountable.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner, always do the right
thing, and show that you care.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in electrical work within the commercial and/or industrial sector. Experience in new construction, build out, solar installations, electrical service upgrades, solar controls, and other renewable energy-related electrical work.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience leading a construction team.
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year of experience in a leadership role or related field
- Must be a problem-solver, resourceful, and have the ability to adapt quickly
to unexpected obstacles.
- Must know how to use a multi-meter, install varying sizes of conduit, and
possess basic electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Understand how to read solar layouts, electrical drawings, and basic wiring schematics.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- A can-do attitude, overall positive outlook, and a strong desire to grow professionally.
- Experience in operating lift equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, and/or boom lifts.
- A set of well-maintained tools and a fall protection harness.
- Possession of an Illinois Electrical License in good standing is the minimum; however, an additional Chicago Electrical License is preferred. The Company is willing to finance the acquisition of the Chicago license, which will need to be pursued ASAP.
- Ability to acquire electrical licenses in other states and jurisdictions in which
the Company conducts business.
Apply today or call, 630-836-2200 for more information.