Job Title: Facilities Technician
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
- Second Shift – Monday-Friday, 2-10:30 p.m. with Overtime as needed.
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Candidate will be under limited supervision, performs a variety of skilled work in the maintenance of Focal Point Lighting properties; and performs related duties as assigned. The Facilities Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all facilities, acting as the contact for emergency situations that affect Focal Point Lighting’s ability to operate the business. Additionally, the Facilities Technician will assess and consider daily, the safety of our employees, the security of our assets and the proper functions of the facility equipment.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, mechanical, structural, plumbing, pipe threading and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties such as painting, drywall, caulks, doors, welding or fabricating tables and carts but not limited to.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical PM or minor repairs to HAVC, Generators and/or compactors, as well as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Request to purchases supplies, equipment, and materials as necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletins.
- Repairs and replaces doorknobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls as well as walkways.
- Must be able to respond to immediate demands for internal customer needs and acts as the primary contact for all building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Assist with maintaining building security and responds to building emergencies (fencing, doors, locks, windows)
- Must have HVAC and Plumbing experience – will be troubleshooting and completing minor repairs.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public/privately owned buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge on driving man-lifts, fork trucks and other related facilities equipment (i.e. snow removal equipment)
- Skilled in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skilled in using hand and power tools.
- Skilled in heating and air conditioning
- Skilled in welding
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and against strict time constraints
- Self-starter and team player
- Warehouse non-controlled environment. Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Must be able to work extended periods of time, must be comfortable and able to work on ladders above 20 feet, and must be able to work independently without direct supervision
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.