Job Title: Facility Maintenance Technician
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
First Shift: 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Second Shift: 2-10:30 p.m.
Overtime as needed.
Salary: $23.00-27.00/hour, depending on experience
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Candidate will be under limited supervision, perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and performs related duties as assigned. Candidate will be troubleshooting minor maintenance problems involving electrical, mechanical, structural, plumbing, pipe threading and equipment repair or replacement.
- Responsible for repaires and mantenance of all facilities.
- Acts as the contact for emergency situations that affect the company’s ability to operate the business.
- Assess and consider daily, the safety of employees, the security of the company’s assets and the proper functions of the facility equipment.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for maintenance and/or repairs.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of driving man-lifts, fork trucks, and other related facilities equipment.
- Skilled in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skilled in using hand and power tools, as well as heating, air conditioning, and welding.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Self-starter and team player.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Five years of building maintenance experience or seven years of any equivalent combinations of training and experience.
- Experience troubleshooting maintenance issues involving electrical, mechanical, structural, plumbing, pipe threading and equipment repair or replacement.
- HVAC certification preferred but not required.
- Must send resumes and interview.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug-test and e-verify.
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.