Job Title: Grinder
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-2 p.m. and overtime as needed.
Benefits are available.
- Performs a series of activities to fabricate lighting fixtures including.
- Grinding of metal parts and assemblies.
- Spot welding metal parts.
- Simple drilling or tapping operations.
- Stud applications.
- Cutting parts out of metal sheets.
- Responsible for verifying the quality of the fixtures at any point on the process.
- Correctly follow and interpret blueprints.
- Cross trains with other fabrications.
- Reports any incidents, accidents in the property or machinery to his/her direct supervisor.
- Rotates to different workstations as assigned (mandatory 2-hour rotation).
- Follows all safety rules, policies and safe work practices.
- High school or equivalent.
- Ability to progress into more complex machinery.
- High attention to detail.
- High sense of teamwork.
- Customer-focused with a sense of urgency.
- Industrial experience in metal sheet is a plus.
- Experience in lean production is a plus.
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.