Job Title: Line Lead
Job Location: Hammond, IN
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: TBD and work overtime when needed.
Salary: $16.00-18.00/Hour – pay increase shortly after
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
- Have open communication with the team.
- Check the schedule of the day.
- Enforce safety.
- Punch people in and out to work orders properly.
- Plan and organize according to schedule.
- Indicate to each team member what their responsibilities are on every single job being ran.
- Have the set ups ready (when a packing work order is done through take off).
- When processing a PACK-level job, must have all documentation necessary. (You have access to global shop, therefor you are responsible for pulling your own documents).
- Label the material properly.
- Request the material in advance to be ready when the parts are ready to pack.
- Check quality before packing the pieces.
- Make sure all parts are labeled with their corresponding tags
- Throughout the completion of a job assure that counts are correct.
- Throw the cardboard into the compactor.
- Keep the area clean, daily.
- Pick up the hooks and bundle them in accordance to size.
- Enter the right quantities in the system as soon as the last piece goes in the box (CANNOT wait until the end of the day).
- Fill out work orders properly on a timely manner.
- Fill out the QC report properly on a timely manner.
- Tight the pallet properly.
- Move the finish goods to the designated area as soon as pallet is wrapped (to avoid blocking work area).
- Keep the garage supply organized
- TAG properly and move non-conforming parts to MRB.
- High school diploma or GED and technical training preferred.
- Previous experience with assembly and packing is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must possess leadership qualities and an ability to promote and encourage a positive attitude and work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan, schedule and prioritize work to be performed in order to meet deadlines.
- Heavy lifting 50+lbs and walking.
Apply today or call 219-803-6072 for more information.