Job Title: Logistics Associate
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday with Overtime as needed.
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Candidate will be performing the functions of Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling, Inventory Management, and record keeping for incoming and outgoing shipments of company products. Logistics environment with some outdoor exposure during the workday due to open dock doors and multi-facility campus that requires inter-campus foot travel.
- Obtain freight quotes and provide to internal stakeholders as requested
- Ensure all proper documentation and quantities are accurate (Packing Lists, Bills of Lading, pieces against an order, etc.)
- Schedule and follow up with freight pickups with 3PL or transportation carriers
- Prepare outbound shipments by banding, stretch-wrapping, weighing material, and applying packing slips and tracking stickers
- Load and unload trucks using an electric or manual pallet jack
- Receive and put away all inbound material the same day it arrives; both physically and systemically
- Pull, kit and stage Stockroom inventory for completion of Assembly work orders
- Pull, palletize and stage Warehouse inventory for transfer to other buildings.
- Complete system transfers using a handheld device
- Transfer material between buildings as necessary; both physically and systemically
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Abide by all corporate safety and security policies:
- Reinforce departmental safety standards and policies (PPE) to all internal and external personnel
- Report all safety hazards to Logistics Supervisors/Group Leaders
- Uphold the standards and guidelines of the Employee Safety Handbook
- Minimum one year of experience in Shipping, Receiving and/or Warehousing in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PPT, and Excel).
- Must read and write in English.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Customer focused with a high sense of urgency.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to cross train in any Logistics position.
- Need to have a Driver’s License
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.