Job Title: Logistics Group Leader
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday with Overtime as needed.
Salary: $17.00/hour to start, after the probation period is over, $18.00/hour
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Candidate will be performing planning, processing, and directing the activities of all human and physical resources within the Logistics department in the absence of the Logistics Supervisor. Duties are as follows:
- Ensure Shipping Team executes all daily responsibilities:
- Periodically audit Shipping documentation to ensure accuracy
- Audit shipments to ensure orders are properly packaged for TL, LTL, Customer Pick-up and Small Parcel
- Ensure all files are kept up to date and properly stored
- Perform RCA on past due orders not shipped.
- Ensure Stockroom Team executes all daily responsibilities:
- Verify completion of status 25 and 20 reports prior to the end of the shift.
- Coordinate overtime with Logistics Supervisors as needed.
- Gather data on picking errors and report to Logistics Supervisors. Communicate errors to Stockroom Team members and determine RCA.
- Perform RCA on Assembly downtime. Determine opportunities for improvement.
- Inventory Control
- Verify cycle counts are being completed according to schedule.
- Perform RCA for negative inventory and Kan Ban item stockouts.
- Ensure RMAs, Red Tags, and RTV transactions are up to date.
- Ensure Receiving/Inventory Team executes all daily responsibilities:
- Verify all inbound material is booked on the same day it arrives.
- Develop and monitor inbound material reports.
- Verify that powered equipment is being signed out.
- Maintains effective communication and a high-level of service with internal and external customers through emails, phone calls, and in-person interaction.
- Maintain and improve Productivity Reports.
- Material Request Log
- Receiving/Purchasing Log
- Shipping/Customer Service Log
- Building-to-Building Transfer Report
- Driver Check-In Log
- Maintain corporate safety and security policies.
- Ensure all employees are working in a safe and healthy manner according to the Employee Handbook.
- Coordinate inventory levels of all Logistics supplies and materials.
- Assist Logistics Supervisors with onboarding and training of new hires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of the freight business (truckloads, LTL, air freight).
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word. Experience in Excel is a must, as well as experience with Oracle JDE, is preferred.
- Must read and write English.
- Working knowledge of Lean principles and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred, not required.
- Must have at least one year of proven experience in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating administrative skills.
- Punctuality essential.
- Prior experience in Logistics required.
- Fork-lift certification required.
- Need to have a Driver’s License.
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.