Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Job Location: Homewood, IL, Chicago, IL and Indiana
Job Type: Direct Hire
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 401K with 6% match
- Plus: 15% Bonus program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
The logistics specialist are in charge of managing deliveries to our various customer base, including booking freight, establishing delivery schedules, customers documents (if necessary), approving supplier payments, all while working closely with the commercial, metal control and accounting departments.
- Manage and maintain deliveries to customers or tolling facilities.
- Track, maintain and service purchase orders and sales commitments.
- Work with metal control group on material releases and delivery appointments.
- Review freight bids and determine most cost-effective way to move material while meeting the customers delivery expectations.
- Plan and forecast with the commercial team for sales needs and requests.
- Think constructively and creatively with the team to offer customers and suppliers with solutions that are mutually beneficial.
- Work directly with customers and suppliers as needed.
- Use spreadsheets when necessary to organize and maintain deliveries to various customers.
- Use provisional pricing when necessary and issue debit/credit for final price settlements with certain suppliers.
- Multi-task and time manage several duties and functions simultaneously.
- Microsoft office suite – Excel emphasis
- Written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in fast-moving, open energetic office
- Casual dress (Jeans daily)
- Open environment
- Able to develop own processes
Apply today or call 630-836-2200 for more information. *Please let the representative know which location you are interested in working at.