Job Title: Machine Operator
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Monday-Friday, 6 a.m.-3 p.m. with potential overtime.
Benefits: Once hired, 401K, Health Insurance, PTO and 4 Paid Holidays.
Job Description: Candidate will be operating horizontal packing equipment with inline video jet printers, bucket conveyors, Ishida scales. Duties are as follows:
- Candidate to follow work order for the type of item, film, labeling and boxing instructions.
- Must have knowledge of the formation of gusseted and non-gusseted bags types with zippers.
- Must have knowledge of computer systems for baggers-film sizes, weights, registration adjustments, line speed, etc.
- Must be able to efficiently change film, know former sizes and minimize downtime.
- Must understand line speeds to ensure the highest efficiencies are maintained.
- Must work with packers to ensure proper code dates and materials are used.
- Must work with computerized labeling software to assure accurate nutritional and ingredient statements are shown.
- Allergen policies, SQF food safety policies to be followed.
- Candidate will note supplier and lot codes on the work order for all material used.
- Cleaning of all equipment – must follow approved procedures for use of chemicals for cleaning all equipment.
- Candidate must wear approved safety uniform.
- Must wear appropriate PPE for area.
- Must be aware of their surroundings, moving equipment and elevated platforms.
- Candidate must be trained in chemical safety procedures before cleaning.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Must have non-slip shoes, must wear socks and no ripped jeans.
- Bilingual is preferred but not required.
- Must pass E-verify.
Appy today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.