Job Title: Machine Operators
Job Location: Hammond, IN
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Monday-Friday, some Saturday’s are required.
- First Shift, 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Second Shift, 3-11:30 p.m.
Salary: $11.00/hour – depends on experience
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Responsible for carrying out the daily duties of a Machine Operating Technician, including but not limited to: producing parts according to samples, written specs or verbal instructions; comparing completed parts to production sample(s) to ensure proper quality; maintaining 5-S cleanliness and efficiency standards; and upholding Midland safety standards.
- Operate machinery (Press Brake, Spot Welder, Punch Press, Drill Press, Etc) to produce the required number of parts according to the production schedule.
- Compare finished parts to production sample(s) as instructed on job order to ensure proper quantity and quality.
- Restock, move and organize materials (sheet metal, wire, tubing) to keep production running smooth.
- Enter completed parts to the computer system to ensure job order data is accurate.
- Punch in and out of the computer system to ensure payroll/labor data is correct.
- Account for downtime by punching into or out of proper down-time/indirect labor codes.
- Correctly fill out shipping tags.
- Load finished parts (correct number and/or correct weight) in the box according to instructions.
- Continually strive to meet Midland Metal Products employment standards, policies, and regulations.
- Assist other departments when necessary
- Maintain awareness of and continually practice safe work habits. Maintain a safe work environment.
- Maintain cleanliness on projects both during and after job completion. Adhere to and understand 5-S standards and evaluation.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Work in a variety of temperature conditions.
- Maintain accurate records, both paper and electronic, related to incoming and outgoing materials, job orders, shipping tags, etc.
- Maintain updated knowledge of product and industry standards.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Attend company-sponsored training (i.e. external, in-house, web/computer-based, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years of previous work-related skill, knowledge, and experience preferred.
- Prior mechanical training preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Experience as a machine operator helpful.
- Must pass E-verify.
Apply today or call 219-803-6072 for more information.