Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Location: Alsip, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Monday-Sunday, you will have two days off – to be determined.
First Shift: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. with two days off (Possibly Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun).
Second Shift: 4-12:30 a.m. with two days off (Possibly Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun).
Third Shift: 12 a.m.-8:30 a.m. Days off will vary on this shift, open for flexibility.
Salary: Starting $26.00/hour based on experience.
- To gain PTO, you must meet qualifications – you must work 80/120 days
- Holiday Pay after 120 days
- Health Insurance
- Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance tasks on motors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following schematics, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Troubleshoots equipment failures by observing equipment in operation; listening for problems as well as using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Performs required equipment mechanical adjustments.
- Ensure proper procedures for Lock Out/Tag out are followed.
- Controls downtime by communicating with production workers regarding machine performance and necessary repairs.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop tooling and equipment; this includes the use of calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Must have a general understanding of GMP’s, HAACP and Food Safety.
- Minimum of 5 years food production or bakery experience.
- Electrical experience with 3 phase, 230 & 480, proximity switches, PLC diagnose and troubleshoot technical understanding.
- Basic reading skills.
- Have experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems troubleshooting.
- Experience with hand and power tools and welding, mill and lathe work.
Contact: email@example.com or call 708-388-9500.