Job Location: Aurora, IL but will travel to based off the job sites/locations for the solar installers
Salary: Base pay $67,500-78,400 – based on solar experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance,
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Leave, & more!
Job Description: The Project Manager is vital to the framework of WCP Solar. The person in this position will primarily be responsible for delivering every project on time, within budget, and to a client’s specifications. To accomplish this, it is necessary that they have a sufficient background in business, engineering, management, budgeting, and analysis.
- Work with Company Officers to establish a viable budget for projects and ensure that they are completed within said budget.
- Conduct site visits to obtain accurate information about the job site necessary for system design.
Manage a team of engineers to produce accurate calculations and system designs.
- Oversee the permitting process and ensure that projects obtain all necessary permits required prior to the start of construction.
- Communicate efficiently with the Warehouse and Construction teams to ensure efficiency and minimize mistakes.
- Prepare a comprehensive Bill of Materials for each project.
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Resolve problems that may arise throughout project completion.
- Communicate project progress with Company Officers and Customer Service Manager.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse team and third parties/vendors to reduce excess purchases and waste.
- Enforce disciplinary policies for employees under your authority.
- Ensure material availability and allocation.
- Manage relationships with clients when necessary.
- Enact risk management techniques to reduce risk during project progression.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation from contraction to completion.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or other related concentration. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Manager, or related position.
- Must have a smartphone.
- Needs steel toe boots and clothes to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Proven experience in managing a team of at least three employees to complete a task efficiently and accurately.
- Solid organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
- Strong math and budgeting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management and leadership skills.
- Innovative and creative mindset – always seeking to improve.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Must pass the background check and 10-panel drug-test.
Apply today or call, 630-836-2200 for more information.