Job Title: Receiving/Inventory
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
- First Shift, Monday-Friday with Overtime as needed.
- Second Shift, Monday-Friday with Overtime as needed.
- First Shift, $13.50/hour
- Second Shift, $14.00/hour
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Candidate will be under limited supervision. Candidate will be responsible for the accurate receipts, transfers, put-away, deliveries, cycle counting, product replenishment and kitting of parts. Performs consolidation, organization, maintenance and housekeeping of all inventory locations as necessary. Maintain data and records in good order within and outside of the systems. Actively communicates with all departments to prevent, resolve and follow-up with problems as they arise. Duties as follows
1. Receives and manages materials
- Unload carriers with required equipment such as an electric hand jack, or pallet jack.
- Incoming materials verification for the correct part number, quantity, and routing.
- Evaluates system requirements for determining where parts will be put-away.
- Communicate and follow up (verbally) to resolve receiving problems with corresponding departments.
- Maintain stockroom and receiving area clean and organized.
- Pick, stock, and consolidate various parts to maximize floor space.
- Accurately and timely manage material transfer as needed per building.
2. Performs the accurate and timely kitting of parts
- Accurately process and kit parts according to work order requirements.
- Maintain manual issue report by kitting work orders in a timely manner.
- Identify and report work orders inventory discrepancies to corresponding departments (verbally).
- Organize and consolidate in stockroom to maximize space and inventory accuracy.
3. Ensures that requisitions from the various departments get completed on timely basis.
- Assist Purchasing department as needed.
- Assist Planning department as needed.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in inventory control.
- Ability to cross train in any other inventory department position.
- 1-year minimum kan-ban and consignment experience a plus.
- Root cause analyst experience.
- Experience in warehouse operations and knowledge of materials.
- Customer focused with a sense of urgency.
- 1-year Lean thinking in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience – 1-year minimum – with Microsoft Office, Inventory systems, computer software is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and select parts based on defined rules and requirements.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have Forklift certification.
Apply today or call 773-927-5100 for more information.