Job Title: Recycling Sorter
Job Location: Alsip, IL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Shift: Monday-Friday and Saturday’s, 8 a.m-5 p.m.
- Traffic spotting, evaluating recycling loads/materials in trucks.
- May sort / segregate recoverable materials (i.e., aluminium, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from waste so that outbound recycling materials are acceptable for sale to various brokers or mills.
- Deposits recoverable materials into the appropriate chute.
- May sort / segregate recoverable materials (i.e., aluminium, plastic, glass, paper, etc.)
- Inspect the yard daily to ensure it is kept clean.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Loading and unloading vehicles of customers and other activities as requested
- Reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Outside work year round.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must wear safety gear on a daily basis, no exceptions
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odor, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally
- Ability to learn new tasks as assigned required.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Leadership, integrity, team player
- Experience in a scrap yard (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-388-9500.