Job Location: Chicago Heights, IL
- Inexperienced: $15.00-20.00/hour
- Experienced: $20.00-30.00/hour
- Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance
Job Description: Our Solar Installers are responsible for the majority of the physical labor performed on the job. This position is hourly-paid & entry-level and can be useful in learning more about solar PV construction & construction safety.
For those who excel in the position, there are opportunities for advancement available. Solar Installers will receive direction & instructions from Project Foremen, the Supervising Electrician/Construction Manager, & the Warehouse Manager & are expected to cooperate and work productively under their guidance.
- Assemble, install, and/or maintain solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs or other structures. in compliance with site assessment and schematics.
- Duties may include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules.
- Must work quickly, productively, and safely without error to consistently meet the production goals as set by their supervisor.
- Must consistently produce quality workmanship as judged by WCP Solar’s company standards.
- May perform minor electrical work, such as current checks.
- Be willing to travel to and from job sites without exception, including staying overnight if necessary.
- Be comfortable climbing up to and working on roofs with proper safety restraints.
- Ensure that job sites are kept clean and all debris is removed at the end each workday.
- Comply with all Company safety and personnel policies.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- At least one-year construction experience, or ability to learn quickly.
- Must have a smartphone.
- Must pass E-verify.
- Basic understanding of construction principles and safety procedures.
- Must possess a valid IL driver’s license with a clean driving record in order to operate company vehicles.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Must have good physical stamina and be able to lift and carry 50+lbs.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, and walk/work in rough terrain.
- Exhibit a flexible schedule; i.e. work the hours necessary in order to achieve company goals.
Apply today or call, 219-937-7226 for more information.