Job Location: Naperville, IL but will travel to based off the job site/locations for the solar installers
Salary: $54,000 – negotiable but will be based on solar experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance,
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Leave, & more!
Job Description: The Warehouse Manager is vital to the unhindered success of our installations. The proper organization, maintenance, and processing procedures for receiving and shipping materials is paramount to project completion. Organization skills and attention to safety are critical to a flawless warehousing operation.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring standard operating procedures and security protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting regular physical counts and reconciling with our QuickBooks inventory system.
- Maintain the cleanliness and physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing efficient material layouts, inspecting the equipment, and issuing work orders for repairs and/or replacements.
- Complete warehouse tasks by scheduling and assigning employees to specific tasks; follow up on work results to ensure timely completion.
- Maintain warehouse staff by selecting, training, and managing employees; coach, counsel, and discipline employees as necessary.
- Remain up-to-date on professional warehousing knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, attending seminars, etc.
- Stay updated on federal, state, and local legislation and requirements for warehousing, shipping, and material handling, and ensure that our warehouse is always in compliance.
- Maintain the WCP Solar vehicle fleet, ensuring that all vehicles are registered, serviced, and cleaned when necessary.
- Conduct vehicle inspections and maintain a log of inspection reports.
- Conduct written and practical driving tests for any employee who is to become a driver of a WCP vehicle.
- Ensure that all drivers are maintaining the vehicle mileage logs and keeping them up-to-date.
- Drive vehicles that require a Class A CDL to and from job sites.
- Create accurate sales orders for each item that leaves inventory for a job in order to track job costing.
- Communicate with and maintain good relationships with external vendors to obtain quotes for materials needed in inventory based on a Bill of Materials provided by the Engineering Team.
- Be willing to travel to and from job sites, sometimes overnight.
- At least two years’ experience working in warehouse operations.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to manage and develop a team of at least two people.
- Exhibit proficiency in QuickBooks – Contractor edition.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and manage warehouse processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Class A CDL.
- Minimum OSHA-10 Certification.
- Exhibit a desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Logical reasoning skills.
- Strong physical condition; possess the ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 50lbs.
- Certifications in forklift and scissor-lift operation.
- Associate’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics is a plus, but not required.
Apply today or call, 630-836-2200 for more information.